If you are like me after a long day of classes and studying or a long day on the wards the last thing you want to come home and do is cook! If you do want to cook when you get home and you are not dead tired then hats off to you, but for those who don’t, I am with you. Lol. My best friend gave me her crockpot recipe for beef stew and guess what it’s all under $25, so for those on a budget don’t worry this will not break the bank! Beef Stew is a classic dish that you can make a huge amount of to last all week. Also, the great thing about this dish is you throw all the ingredients in the crockpot and let it be, it doesn’t take a long time, it’s truly a win win situation. Okay so onto the actually recipe!
-Boneless Beef Chuck Roast-$10
– 1 packet of McCormick Slow Cookers Hearty Beef Stew-$1
– Small box of Goya Beef seasoning-$2
– Bag of baby carrots-$2
– Bag of Red Potatoes-$2.50
– Package of frozen onion, red & green peppers-$2.50
– Rice (optional)-$2
- Rinse and cut the beef chunk roast into 6-8 big chunks and place in crockpot.
- Add the whole McCormick packet and 2 Goya Beef seasoning packets to the meat.
- Rinse and cut 4-5 potatoes into small chunks, leave skin on if you like and place in crockpot.
- Add 2 cups of the frozen onions and peppers.
- Cut 3 stalks of celery and place in crockpot.
- Add half of bag of baby carrots (do not cut these) and ensure you to do not fill the crockpot all the way to the top stop at about 2/3rds.
- Pour 1-2 cups of water or until you start to see water fill then stop.
- Turn the crockpot on low to cook overnight or high and cook for 4-5 hours.
- Optional: cook the rice separately in a rice cooker or pot and add beef stew on top after it’s finished.
What is your go to beef stew recipe? Feel free to share!
P.S. That’s as cute as I could make it, but it taste so good!! lol